This is my new favourite food. I need to give a shout out to Brittany Mullins of www.eatingbirdfood.com for putting me on to this combo. I’ve not stopped eating it since I read her post about it recently! Check out her site, it has loads of delicious recipes on it.
Egg mayo without the mayo. Perfect for those of you who are eating clean, or who can’t eat mayonnaise. It’s even better than regular egg mayo. I’ve adapted the original recipe slightly, below is my version of it.
- 2 eggs, hard boiled then cooled and shelled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 1-2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- cider vinegar (a splash or so)
- salt and pepper
- curry powder
- cayenne pepper
- Mash the eggs in a bowl
- Add the avocado, mashing it and stirring it into the eggs
- Add the mustard and spring onions and cider vinegar
- Add the spices and salt and pepper to taste
- Leave to sit for a few minutes to allow the flavours to combine